About Creature Courage Workshops
We at Creature Courage know how debilitating and embarrassing an animal phobia can be. It can be so frustrating when others do not understand that you can’t just “get over it” as this is an issue that is deeper than what you can simply rationalize. You are not alone. You would be surprised about how common these phobias are. And we are here to support you and achieve a liberating change that you may have never thought possible in just a few hours!.
We are passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives! We run fun experience workshops to powerfully change your life and break free from common animal phobias. Our workshops are carefully designed with our highly trained and skilled psychologists and hypnotherapists to effectively change mindsets to break free of phobias, fears and anxieties around animals. The workshops are designed to not only be life changing, healing and educational but also interesting and exciting! We want to make it a great day out and a memorable experience to remember.
We use a combination of cognitive therapy, NLP techniques and hypnotherapy with an immersive therapy option to achieve our incredibly high success rate. We also teach you techniques to continue to keep yourself calm and in control of your emotions that can be applied to any stressful situation you may face in life. The power of a small group atmosphere is also a highly effective tool to motivate you to change as you feel encouraged and supported along with the others who understand your struggles. We run regular spider phobia workshops as it is the most common animal phobia. You can book our Spider Courage Experience on our Booking page . Book well in advance as spaces are very limited.
Do I have to see or touch the animal I am afraid of during the therapy? Absolutely not. The therapy is completely in your control. No animals, photographs or illustrations are used until the end part of the course. The immersive therapy is simply an option we provide at the end of the session to prove your therapy has truly worked. Also we feel that it’s important to provide this option because it is still the number one way to truly get over a phobia. We are so confident that the therapy we provide will be effective that you will be able to also do the immersive therapy option at the end. Imagine how proud you will be when you say you have faced your fears and have conquered them! Check out one of our powerful testimonial videos from our most popular workshop, The Spider Courage Experience:
Our Course Structure: No animals, photographs or illustrations are used until the end part of the course. Our Spider Courage Experience schedule looks like this: 12:45-1pm: Registration.
- 1pm-1:30pm Welcome and introduction by Britain Stelly, spider educator and Adam Cox, therapist. The first therapeutic technique is introduced.
- 1:30-2pm: Spider education talk and Q&A with Britain: A fascinating talk to enlighten you more about spiders to further alleviate your fears and misconceptions. Q&A session will follow.
- 2pm-2:10pm: Break
- 2:10pm-3:10pm: Our therapist Adam Cox will explain phobias and how they form. Then he will talk you through how we are going to tackle your phobia in the course through hypnotherapy and other related techniques. Another couple of therapeutic techniques are introduced. There will be a Q&A session as well to answer any questions.
- 3:10pm-3:20: Break
- 3:20-4:00pm Hypnotherapy Session: This is where you will get a powerful and fun group therapy session combining a number of special phobia fighting techniques to change the way you think and feel about spiders
- 4:00-4:15pm: Break
- 4:15-5pm: Opportunity to do capture and release of a house spider, meet a tarantula and receive a certificate for passing the course! WE DO NOT FORCE YOU DO TO DO THIS, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SEE OR TOUCH A SPIDER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO, THERAPY IS IN YOUR CONTROL. No images/video of spiders will be shown until this time.
- 5pm onwards: After we tidy up, come join us for a social meal in a nearby restaurant.
Why Chose Creature Courage?
-An opportunity to get rid of most if not all of your fear of an animal in one afternoon in a FUN way. Even if you only have a mild fear our workshop will be of great benefit. -You are in complete control of your therapy and are supported to take it at your own pace. -Small group environment. It’s proven that a group atmosphere is more effective to combat a phobia as you are psychologically more driven to keep up with the others and encouraged by the other’s success. We provide a group atmosphere to achieve this but keep the numbers at a max of 20 so it is still personal. -A range of different powerful phobia fighting techniques to assure one will resonate with you. You get a combination of high quality cognitive therapy, hypnotherapy, education and NLP with a highly qualified and experienced therapists. -Immersive therapy option. Proven to be the most effective way to heal phobias and fears, our unique workshops gives you the option to face your fear after the main therapy if you chose. We are so confident you will feel better about your fear that we offer the opportunity. This is to prove the phobia is really gone! We take every measure and care to assure this is a calm and positive experience! This is what makes us stand out from most other phobia therapy courses. You are not forced to do this and you have a choice to not see or touch an animal if you do not want to. -Education on self hypnosis and information to take back with you on how to continue your growth on a phobia free life and maintain your new found freedom. This information is invaluable as you can use it to handle any stress in life and become more in control of your emotions over all. -Opportunity to arrange private therapy with our therapists if you feel you want any more therapy for your phobia or any other stress or problems you are facing. -Well structured workshop with lots of breaks -Opportunity to arrange private therapy with our therapists if you feel you want any more therapy for your phobia or any other stresses or problems you are facing. -Certificates of completion to show off to friends as proof of your change -Fantastic and convenient central London location just a two minute walk away from Tottenham Court Road Tube Station-A really fun day out to not only change your life but an opportunity to go on an entertaining course, meet new friends and have a wonderful memory to last a lifetime. Join us for dinner afterwards for our celebration meal after every group.
We offer incredible value for money that you will not find any where else with both our group therapy and one on one therapy. Our Spider Courage Experience and other animal therapy workshops only costs £127 which means you are getting four hours worth of top therapy for less than the cost of just one hour with our skilled therapist who normally charges £195 per hour at his Harley Street practice! Our workshops also offer a lot more than what you receive from a normal therapy session as it combines many different techniques to assure progress whilst being fun and informative. We also have the advantage of working in small groups which is proven to help people with animal phobias as people feel more supported. It also means you are psychologically more driven to keep up with the others. This is the best sort of atmosphere to conquer animal phobias. If we are not offering a group therapy option for the animal you are afraid of, let us know and we can try to create one in a short space of time.
If a group therapy option is not available we offer our one on one therapy which is priced at £350 with a gaurentee to get over your fear just like our group therapy as you will also get as much free top up therapy as you want following your session. You only pay once! We are very good at what we do and are able to get people over their phobias quickly and effeciantly.
When and Where:
Location: Creature Courage is currently located in London at various locations depending on which event. We are based mostly out of the Oasis Centre at Lambeth North. We are proud to also be doing selected Spider Courage Experience workshops at Chessington World of Adventures! When: Currently our Spider Courage Experience takes place on selected Saturdays or on the occasional Sunday from 12:45pm-5pm with a social dinner afterwards. Look at our calendar to see what dates are available. Book well in advance as spaces often fill up very quickly.
How will you help me overcome my fear or phobia? We use cognitive therapy, NLP, hypnotherapy and an immersive therapy option in a group therapy setting. These are very effective and safe methods that have been used for many years and have been proved to be the quickest and most effective ways for people to overcome fears and phobias.
Will the Creature Courage Experiences work for anyone? Yes, our workshops can work for anyone who is serious about change and take on board the things we teach. The techniques we use have proven and powerful results with people with phobias for years. Most people can get rid of most if not all of their fears in one session. We also teach self calming techniques that you can use to continue the work we do on your own. Occasionally some people might need more sessions and we offer the chance to have two free immersive therapy sessions and to go onto our next workshop free of charge if that is what is needed. Ultimately human behaviour is unpredictable and we can’t control your choices and actions, the long term success of the therapy is based on the effort you are willing to put into exposure and continuing to face your fears to completely desensitise yourself. It is essential that you disclose any known medical conditions and medication (both professionally prescribed or self medicated) and any other reasons that may prevent you from being a suitable candidate for hypnotherapy. You MUST also disclose any mental health issues or any history of being sectioned (voluntary or via doctor / police) under the mental health act. Though this might not disqualify you from our therapy as many of our clients have mental health conditions, some mental health conditions can be made worse by hypnotherapy so we NEED to know. We reserve the right to refuse to treat or discontinue treatment in any case where we have not been fully made aware of any medical or mental health condition or reason that could be counterproductive for the use of hypnotherapy or associated treatments and we will not be held liable if this information has been withheld.
Do I have to see or touch the animal I am afraid of during the therapy? Absolutely not. The therapy is completely in your control. No animals or photographs are used until the end part of the course. The immersive therapy is simply an option we provide at the end of the session to prove your therapy has truly worked. Also we feel that it’s important to provide this option because it is still the number one way to truly get over a phobia. We are so confident that the therapy we provide will be so effective that you will be able to do the immersive therapy option at the end. Imagine how proud you will be when you say you have faced your fears and have conquered them!
Will I go unconscious or lose control while in hypnosis? No, you will always be IN CONTROL. A hypnotic state is a place of deep relaxation and though very peaceful the person is always aware and in control of what is going on. It is simply a state where the mind is able to think more clearly and come to positive solutions easier. Hypnosis is about giving you back control and learning how to calm yourself.
What is NLP? NLP stands for Neuro -linguistic Programming. NLP techniques are simple but powerful as they quickly help change the way we think about our problems and help us generate new patterns of behaviour. Neuro Linguistic programming is how the relationship between mind, language and behaviour work together and empowers people with tools of how to be in control and get these three components working together with awareness and positive purpose.
Does this replace medical treatment? Though this is a very successful form of therapy, this does not replace medical treatment. We advise that you seek advice from your GP or other relevant medical professionals for a variety of different options and to assess your needs for what is right for you. We are offering therapy that is educational about being in control of your emotions for a better quality of life. Our therapy can complement other methods of help and is one of many ways to assist you on your journey.
What about the treatment of animals used for the therapy? Every effort is put into assuring that any animals used for therapy is done in the least stressful manner possible. All of our therapy animals are well taken care of and are used in a way that is gentle and considerate of their nature.
Are there any restrictions of people who can’t do the workshop? You need to be at least 16 years of age. If you are under 16 you must book with an adult. We do not treat children under 12 years of age. Though rare, a few mental health conditions are not suitable for hypnotherapy and could make it worse, so please consult your doctor if you are unsure.
What if I can’t make my session, will I get a refund? All sales are final but we can reschedule your appointment with the next available space if you give us 48 hours notice by text or email of not being able to make it. In the unlikely event that something happens on our end where we have to cancel your course we will refund you in full or move your course to another date.
Agreement of Services
By choosing to purchase our experience you are agreeing the following:
* You understand that all sales are final. However, we can reschedule your appointment with the next available space if you give us 24 hours notice by email of not being able to make it. If for the unlikely event we need to cancel the event you are booked onto, it can be moved to another date or a refund can be given.
* You agree that you are at least 16 years of age. If you are under 16 an adult must come with you. We do not treat any children under 12 years of age on this workshop, however, a children’s version of our phobia workshops will be available soon.
* You understand that children who have not paid can’t come with you nor friends who have not paid. If you have a disability, carers are allowed to go for free however you must show proof of this is on the day and inform us with at least 48 hours warning that the carer will be coming.
* Mental Health Disclosure: Most people with phobias have other anxiety issues and most mental health conditions are fine to use with hypnotherapy and our services will help you greatly. However, you must disclose to us any mental health conditions that have been diagnosed medically as a few mental health conditions are not suitable for hypnotherapy and could make it worse. You must disclose if you have clinical depression or are taking medication for anxiety or any other psychological, mental or emotional issues or any other known medical conditions and medication (both professionally prescribed or self medicated) and any other reasons that may prevent you from being a suitable candidate for hypnotherapy.
* You MUST also disclose any history of being sectioned (voluntary or via doctor/police) under the mental health act. We reserve the right to refuse to treat or discontinue treatment in any case where we have not been fully made aware of any medical or mental health condition or reason that could be a counterproductive for the use of hypnotherapy or associated treatments. We will not be held liable where information is withheld.
* By attending one of our workshops you agree to be filmed and to have your photo taken so we can promote our services on our website, social media and fliers. We will always ask on the day of your workshop if you want your picture taken and if you do not we will try our best to avoid you being in the pictures and films however it is impossible to always completely avoid one person in group shots so we cannot always guarantee that you will not be in our photos and video.
* You understand that this is not a replacement of medical treatment where needed and we are not claiming to be the only way to treat your phobia. We advise that you seek advice from your GP or other relevant medical professionals for a variety of different options and to assess your needs for what is right for you. We are offering some very powerful and fun therapy that is educational about new positive ways to be in control of your emotions for a better quality of life. Our therapy can complement other methods of help and is one of many ways to assist you on your journey.
* Free top up therapy conditions: Most people have a complete breakthrough of their fear after one session. A few people need a some extra help to assure the fear is gone for good. We are proud to offer free top up immersive therapy, as much as needed, after doing paid therapy with us. However, you must be willing to travel to where we are holding the top up therapy to receive the support and it must be arranged and agreed at a time that is convenient for both parties.